Monday, October 21, 2013

 Counting Down To Grad Show

One of the reasons that I haven't been posting is how crazy things are, getting ready for Grad Show. After seven years part time study they are finally getting rid of me. After all this time, I honestly can't believe how quickly this year has disappeared. There is only 5 weeks left until the big night
I currently have just over 200 pieces made, from small to large. My intention is to create a walk through fantasty landscape. To create the impact that I would like to achieve, I hope to have at least another 50 pieces but with so little time left, I have had to start surface treatments and firings
This years graduating class is really large. There are 35 art and 12 jewellery students graduating. It should be an amazing exhibition.
The Grad Show is on at 6pm on the 4th December at Central Institute of Technology, 12 Aberdeen St, Perth. it will run for only one week. If you've never been here before you can't miss it. There is a big pink container sticking out of the building. 
With there being 47 graduates in both jewellery and art, and the licence for only 300 people, if you are coming on opening night, my advice is to come early or come late, as there may be a chance you can't get in 
To see image of my works in progress for grad show, check out my pinterest:
http://www.pinterest.com/oohollycourtney/counting-down-to-grad-show/ 


No comments: